Recovers plastic containers by polymer type, in any combination, through the use of reflected near-infrared light.
The SpydIR®-R is an advanced infrared sorting system that separates selected polymers from a mixed container stream. It uses proprietary technology and fast, highly sensitive algorithms to rapidly identify unique polymer “signatures” from their infrared spectra. The SpydIR®-R uses reflective detection, with the light source and detection array above the material.
- In-Flight Sorting® provides industry leading purity and hit rates
- Flexibility to change selected polymers
- High speed identification with throughput rates exceeding 16,000 lb/hr
- Full array of spectrometers allows for identification across entire belt width
- Low maintenance requirements
- Remote diagnostics, adjustments and upgrades
- Detection of opaque polymers such as HDPE and PVC
- Accurately detects and ejects In Flight
- Extremely low maintenance cost