The NRT SpydIR®-HS is an advanced infrared sorting system that separates numerous polymers, fiber or plastic film from other materials using a Hyper Spectral Imaging (HSI) camera as part of the detection system. The optical sorter uses proprietary technology, fast, highly sensitive algorithms and a full Near-Infrared (NIR) spectrum detection system to rapidly identify unique material signatures. This system retains the detection speed needed for In-Flight Sorting and opens the door to greater sorting flexibility through software-based spectral sectioning. The SpydIR®-HS has a nearly 10x increase in detection resolution and twice the precision in air ejection.
SpydIR®-HS features a new easy access design for improved maintenance & safety.
While other optical sorters detect material over the belt and eject some time later, In-Flight Sorting® detects and ejects material in flight, eliminating motion-related error and belt interference while increasing ejection accuracy and purity levels.
The broad spectral diversity of HSI combined with NRT’s robust software algorithms creates an optical sorter calibrated at the factory that doesn’t need routine or auto calibration. Lifetime calibration is an improvement over NRT’s previous market-leading auto calibration, which itself was an improvement over manual calibration.
- NIR identification of multiple polymer types with hyperspectral camera
- Customizable thresholds utilizing full spectrum detection system to optimize recovery
- Software-controlled configurable targeting profiles for quick & easy changes
- Compatible with Max-AI® VIS (Visual Identification System) for enhanced detection
- Identifies common polymers an any combination
- Remove cardboard, paper, and other fiber from a container stream
- Purify fiber stream of contamination, including metals with addition of MetalDirector™
- Separate PET thermoform trays from PET bottles with Max-AI® VIS
- Recover clean PET product from polymer residue streams
- Recover wood product from C&D streams with Max-AI® VIS
- Sort Tetra Pak®, aseptic and PE coated gabled products from a container stream
- Optimized air flow geometry (flight path trajectory) for higher recovery and purity
- In-Flight Sorting® provides unbeatable ejection accuracy and purity
- Expanded sorting algorithm allows the flexibility of sorting material by object or area
- Industry leading signal-to-noise ratio is ideal for thin-wall PET
- High-speed identification with throughput rates exceeding 16,000 lb/hr
- Remote diagnostics, adjustments and upgrades
- Real-time and trending material composition analysis with BHS Total Intelligence Platform
- Plug & play
- Width sizes from 48″ to 120″