Bale Breakdown Unit
The BHS Bale Breakdown Unit (BBU) XD transforms bales of plastic into a singulated container stream for effective sorting. Bales are fed onto the integrated variable-speed conveyor and are processed through primary separation shafts, breaking the bales into singulated plastic containers. The material continues through the declumping rolls for final separation of any remaining clustered bottles. The BBU is designed to withstand demanding operating conditions, and its heavy duty, robust construction maximizes uptime over a long operating life. Primary separation shafts are individually driven for a high throughput in a compact design. The declumping rolls feature abrasion-resistant spiraled angles to increase operating life and maximize separation.
- Transforms plastic bales into a singulated stream of bottles
- Effectively provides consistent singulated material feed into the processing system
- Increases throughput and system capacity
- Premium components and heavy-duty construction for decreased downtime and long operating life
- Processing capacities up to 18,000 lb/hr