Software Integration Technician
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide.
NRT is looking for a Software Integration Technician to join their Nashville, TN team.
In this role, you will act as the in-house software and electro-mechanical specialist for the support of the Service and Production groups. You will provide technical knowledge and support to internal customers to ensure quality and timely equipment build, installations and Service upgrades. You will also work as part of a cross functional team to prepare, test, execute, and support software packages for in-house and field tests. Additionally, you will provide technical support for Customer Service Technicians deployed in the field.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities…
- Associate degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or other related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing in a related position
- Must be organized, analytical and tactical with the ability to function independently as well as in a group
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with Clonezilla, Partition Magic or other backup software
- Knowledgeable in National Electrical Code (NEC), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), and Conformité Européene (CE) standards
- Experience working with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
And are interested in these responsibilities…
- Participating in efforts to continuously improve methods of integrating controls and software technology, with the goal of providing enhanced safety, enhanced functionality, and reduced cost
- Working with Software Engineers, Controls Engineers, Electrical Controls Technicians and the Research and Development (R&D) team to lead continuous improvement efforts of software deployment
- Providing thorough testing of machine functionality to verify software and electro-mechanical completeness
- Utilizing the company tracking system to document field issues related to software controls design, function, and deployment as well as track field issues related to software, mechanical, and hardware
- Working with Customer Service Technicians, R&D Engineers, and Electrical Control Technicians to solve field issues to provide the customer with a complete, functional system
- Monitoring and addressing shop compliance with NEC, UL, and CE standards; working with management on any necessary training
- Troubleshooting and documenting software issues related to equipment build and installation
- Providing remote support for the debugging and commissioning of software and electro-mechanical systems at facilities
- Providing help to Applications group to setup sales demo test on in house demo loop
- Building computer systems from source control or other methods for the Production, Controls, and Service departments, with the focus of scalability, traceability, and sustainability
You will receive...
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
NRT will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
NRT participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NRT is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.