Controls Systems Field Technician
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide.
NRT is looking for a Controls Systems Field Technician to join their Nashville, TN team.
In this role, you will be tasked with providing advanced technical knowledge and support to internal and external customers to ensure quality and timely resolution to field controls issue. You will act as the internal software/controls specialist for the support of Technical Support Engineers and Electrical Controls Technicians. You will also work as part of a cross functional team to quickly solve and track issues with a focus on facility up-time through issue tracking and mitigation.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities…
- Associate degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or other related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in operations or design of automated control systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with the application of automation principles on machinery required
- Familiarity with ABB, Siemens, and/or Allen Bradley controls a plus
- Knowledgeable in National Electrical Code (NEC), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), and Conformité Européenne (CE) standards
- Ability to travel to customer sites both domestic and international
- Experience working with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be organized, analytical and tactical with the ability to function independently
And are interested in these responsibilities…
- Providing onsite deployment and commissioning support for new products
- Providing remote and onsite support to customers and Technical Support Engineers on advanced levels of troubleshooting as needed
- Troubleshooting and documenting software issues related to system build and installation
- Working with Software Engineers, Controls Engineers, Electrical Controls Technicians, Technical Support Engineers, Panel Shop, and the Research and Development teams to lead continuous improvement efforts of software and controls deployment
- Providing thorough testing of system functionality to verify UI and PLC cohesiveness during pre-Factory Acceptance Testing
- Tracking, resolving, and closing out field issues related to software design, function, and deployment in the company tracking system
- Monitoring and addressing compliance with NEC, UL, OSHA, and CE standards
- Participating in efforts to continuously improve methods of integrating controls and software technology, with the goal of providing enhanced safety, enhanced functionality, and reduced cost
- Providing remote support for the debugging and commissioning of software and electro-mechanical systems at facilities
- Traveling 20-40% of the time to customer locations based on commissioning schedule, both domestic and international
You will receive...
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
NRT will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
NRT participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NRT is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.