Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for an in-office Product Designer to join the team in Eugene, Oregon.
In this role you will prepare working drawings of recycling equipment, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other design information. Your primary responsibility will be assembling equipment, screens, and structures in accordance with established standards. You will function as part of a team striving to provide timely, accurate, and efficient designs.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- Minimum of an associate degree in design/drafting with experience in machinery design and/or fabrication -or- equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Demonstrated experience working and designing with 3D modeling software required
- Experience working with AutoDesk Inventor a plus
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- In depth knowledge of industrial equipment design and safety regulations is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, including the ability to communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences
And are interested in these responsibilities...
- Creating detailed design drawings and specifications for recycling equipment using 3D modeling software. Laying out, correctly dimensioning, and drawing schematic, orthographic, or auxiliary views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines
- Coordinating with team members to design, lay out or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems. Modifying and revising designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems
- Computing mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components using 3D modeling software and other standard design tools
- Reviewing equipment design requirements and producing equipment drawings based on standard component designs and good Engineering principals
- Creating assembly drawings with the necessary details, instructions and comments
- Verifying structural integrity of designs based on material selection
You will receive…
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
BHS participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.