Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Tennessee) and Zero Waste Energy (California). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for an in-office Estimator to join the team in Eugene, OR.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying and detailing estimated costs for the design and build of turnkey recycling plants. You will ensure estimated costs are based upon an accurate assessment of design and build requirements by working with a cross functional team on specifications.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities…
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- AutoCAD/Inventor experience preferred
- Experience using a cost estimating software program preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook required
- Experience in construction or manufacturing environments a plus
- Ability to convey knowledge and train others
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in one or more processes
- Competencies: dealing with ambiguity, organizational agility, attention to detail, functional/technical skills, problem solving, action oriented, customer focus, time management, team player, works independently
And are excited about these responsibilities…
- Developing cost estimates from detailed drawings and/or limited concepts with high confidence to meet team’s expectations
- Maintaining overall accountability for estimates submitted
- Building estimations from the ground up based upon knowledge of manufacturing processes to include cost development for raw materials and other processing costs to ensure consistent accuracy of work
- Cultivating relationships for collaboration with Sales, Engineering and Project Management
- Participating in actual to estimate post-job audit process for continuous improvement
- Explaining estimate assumptions to all organizational levels and back up with supporting detail
- Improving the cost estimating process with a strong drive for leveraging technology to improve processes
- Prioritizing multiple estimate requests quickly and accurately
You will receive…
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
BHS participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.