Product Development Engineer
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT is looking for a Product Development Engineer to join the Nashville team.
In this position, you will work as part of a team to transform design concepts into manufacturable products. You will create design layouts, production drawings, concept development and product improvement for cost reduction and manufacturability. You will be responsible for the development of original designs as well as adaptation of existing designs.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities…
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical and/or engineering related field required, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with product development
- Experience in fabrication and 3D solid modeling required, Inventor experience a plus
- Experience with structural, fluid, pneumatic or electrical system design a plus
- Knowledge of UL/NEC/NFPA standards and guidelines a plus
And are interested in these responsibilities…
- Preparing layouts and detail drawings which include multiple views and application of mathematics and physics to compute weights, load capacities, dimensions, material quantities and making other related decisions as required
- Researching, designing, and evaluating products, systems and processes using engineering principles. Developing structural designs while considering relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Specifying system components or direct modification of system to ensure conformance with engineering design
- Working as part of a team to resolve system issues and providing technical information. Recommending design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions. Conducting research that tests or analyzes the design, operation, or performance of equipment. Writing performance requirements for systems
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to goals of the system
- Accumulating information and preparing reports, spreadsheets, and related items for product/process costing, materials usage, and Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Actively communicating with downstream customers on specification work, such as purchasing, manufacturing and others to ensure understanding of expectations as defined by engineering specifications
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings and schematics
You will receive...
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
NRT will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
NRT participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NRT is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.