AP and Payroll Specialist
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Tennessee) and Zero Waste Energy (California). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for an in-office Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist to join the team.
The AP and Payroll Specialist performs a dual function between BHS corporate accounts payable and payroll processing for all BHS and subsidiary employees. In this position, you will work cross functionally with all accounting teams as well as Human Resources to ensure timely and accurate financial processing. You will also interface with multiple departments, managers, and employees, as well as serve as a point of contact for regulatory agencies and auditing vendors.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities…
- Minimum of an associate degree in accounting or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3 years’ experience with Accounts Payable functions required
- 3 years’ experience processing multi-company, multi-state payroll required
- Accounting and payroll systems experience required, ADP Workforce Now and Kronos preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Strong problem-solving skills required
- Advanced knowledge of payroll related policies, practices, and procedures required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels of an organization; ability to work as a member of a team
And are excited about these responsibilities…
- Processing semi-monthly payroll for BHS and subsidiary companies utilizing ADP Workforce Now and Kronos Timekeeping
- Providing HR with payroll processing reports for review and approval
- Working with managers on timecard errors, including providing training as needed
- Arranging for delivery of pay statements and annual tax statements to employees
- Managing vendor portals for payroll related uploads and invoices, including preparing wire transfers for deposit of payroll funding and/or payroll tax
- Working with the Senior Accountant on resolution of payroll cycle discrepancies
- Creating final paychecks for terminating employees
- Providing client support to employees and retirees with payroll related questions
- Staying abreast of new laws and regulations regarding payroll and/or tax issues
Accounts Payable Duties:
- Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs for multiple entities and vendors
- Verifying the accuracy of vendor invoices through to correct general ledger account codes
- Generating timely payments to vendors on a routine schedule and matching the checks with backup for review by the financial manager
- Handling expense reports and performing internal credit card reconciliation in Concur
- Organizing and mailing all required tax documents
- Ensuring imaging of invoice supporting documents is timely and accurately performed and maintaining a filing system for financial information, records, and documents to ensure easily available information
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers to resolve accounting issues
- Performing miscellaneous office management duties
You will receive…
- Competitive compensation
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
BHS participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.