Construction Project Engineer
Zero Waste Energy (“ZWE”) is looking for a Construction Project Engineer to add to our growing team in the San Francisco Bay area.
As a member of the Bulk Handling Systems (“BHS”) Family of Companies, ZWE provides a profitable solution for organic material from various material streams. ZWE transforms the organic fraction into electricity, compressed natural gas and high-quality compost through its patented dry anaerobic digestion (AD) and in-vessel composting process. These are the most cost effective and productive AD systems available.
The Construction Project Engineer is engaged in system design and equipment integration for ZWE projects/installations. This position performs project engineering tasks on organic waste processing systems including pre-processing, anaerobic digestion, and in-vessel composting systems. Technical tasks include conceptual designs, engineering calculations, process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation drawings, general arrangement drawings, installation instructions, and other design information.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil, or chemical engineering required
- 3-5 years’ experience designing plant facilities, major piping designs or equivalent experience required
- Must understand process piping and fluid system design
- Familiarity of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics of fluids and solids and material properties preferred
- Experience in anaerobic digestion a plus
- Proficiency with Autodesk Plant 3D, Revit required, Inventor experience a plus
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international locations
And are passionate about these responsibilities:
- Providing systems technical evaluation/perform feasibility studies of different Anaerobic Digestion and Advanced In-Vessel Composting Projects
- Performing detailed calculations including Mass and Energy Balances, analysis and create engineering design plans
- Creating detailed design drawings using Revit and Plant 3D modeling software based on mass and energy balance calculations and analysis
- Creating and reviewing proposals for development (PFDs) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) for major equipment and/or overall facility integration
- Documenting and maintaining plans, requirement, protocols, permits and standard operating procedures
- Researching, planning, and integrating latest pollution control technologies into systems
- Reviewing environmental regulations and determining or seeking assistance with applicability determinations
- Creating and maintaining environmental management systems to comply with air permits and air regulation
- Leading and/or supporting preparation and negotiation of permit applications
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, preparing required documentation, scheduling any required testing, and providing additional follow-up documentation as required
- Traveling up to 50% to customer and vendor locations, both domestic and international
You will receive:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
ZWE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
ZWE participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ZWE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.