Technical Support Engineer
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a remote eligible Technical Support Engineer to join the team.
The Technical Support Engineer is not a typical IT helpdesk position. Rather, this position provides remote support for automated sorting equipment systems in the waste and recycling industry. In this position, you will interface with customers around the world, problem solving issues with system components including programable logic controls (PLCs), electro-mechanical components, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. You will also have shared responsibility for service and warranty support, customer training, site inspections, customer expedited service and parts solutions for project installations.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical field involving electrical and mechanical systems required
- Ability to provide after-hours support or be on-call as needed per the rotating schedule required
- Experience working with Rockwell or Siemens controls with a focus on programable logic controls (PLCs) and variable frequency drive highly desired
- Hands-on mechanical and/or electrical aptitude required
- Experience troubleshooting automation equipment a plus
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics preferred
- Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems preferred
- Must be able to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and diplomacy in stressful situations
And are interested in these responsibilities...
- Remotely monitoring BHS installations via supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and human machine interface (HMI) interfaces to ensure optimal product operations
- Troubleshooting controls, electrical and mechanical faults at customer sites
- Providing troubleshooting support with vendor specific software such as Rockwell and Siemens
- Providing in-depth support to end-users for the complete BHS product line and systems, including interfacing with customers on-site to deliver product and service training
- Assisting with development and maintenance of technical documentation including operator’s manuals, service manuals and training materials
- Providing feedback to R&D, Engineering and Controls groups to improve product performance and serviceability
- Providing warranty support
- Documenting all customer contact within ERP system and related systems
- Writing trip reports for both internal and external customer distribution
- Directly supporting the Field Service Technicians
- Conducting multiple weekly customer conference calls after project completion to ensure customer warranty period is upheld with 100% customer satisfaction
- Participating in 24-7 customer service rotating coverage
- Traveling occasionally (up to 20%) to customer sites both domestic and international
You will receive...
- Competitive pay, including night/weekend on-call pay
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
BHS participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.