Shipping and Receiving Clerk
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT is currently looking for a Shipping & Receiving Clerk to join the team.
In this role, you will support all departments through the coordination, receipt, and distribution of incoming/outgoing materials to meet daily operational shipping and receiving needs. You will receive, unpack, verify, and record incoming materials. You will also kit and arrange materials for transportation within the facility(s) and to customers. You will closely support the purchasing and accounting teams by establishing methods to accurately track material movement and inventory.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities…
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a warehouse, stockroom or receiving role
- Ability to read and understand incoming receipts, invoices, manifests, and orders
- Forklift experience required, forklift certification a plus
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) required
- Experience with ERP systems preferred, Business Works a plus
- Experience with purchasing tasks and responsibilities a plus
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and be able to work most of the workday on their feet
- Must be able to work the company’s fixed receiving hours as established with freight forwarders and other shipping/receiving partners and therefore may be subject to change. This role must be able to flex their working schedule to accommodate such business changes.
And are interested in these responsibilities…
- Being responsible for all shipping and receiving duties and associated paperwork (e.g., NRT products such as robotics and optical sorting equipment, production inventory, potential customer materials (trash), trade show materials/demo, other corporate shipments)
- Scheduling shipments with the freight carriers for both domestic and international locations
- Unloading vendor trucks, verifying receipts, and inspecting material quality
- Distributing materials to proper warehouse locations in a First-in-First-out (FIFO) method
- Removing and disposing of all dunnage and excess packaging from incoming material
- Examining contents and comparing with records to verify accuracy of incoming shipment
- Working with the Purchasing Coordinator on processing damaged claims and related tracking
- Building custom wood shipping pallets and crates for finished goods
- Kitting materials for distribution to the production floor
- Performing weekly cycle counts for accounting and purchasing group
- Participating in the annual wall-to-wall inventory
- Operating a forklift as needed with required certification
- Assisting with the packaging of all spare parts, warranties, and contingencies in support of the Customer Service department
- Ensuring inventory and work in process materials are organized in facility and storage yard
- Helping the manufacturing team establish and maintain good housekeeping (cleanliness and organization) practices
- Assisting Assembly Technicians, when available, with packaging of units produced for shipment to customer sites
- Completing other duties, including purchasing responsibilities, as assigned
You will receive…
- Competitive Pay
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
NRT will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
NRT participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.