Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
The Material Handler supports the Materials Department in the coordination, receipt and distribution of incoming materials to meet daily production and shipping needs. In this position, you will receive, unpack, verify, and record incoming materials. You will perform additional duties include kitting and arrange materials for transportation within facility and to BHS customers.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of recent forklift experience required
- Ability to read and understand incoming receipts, invoices, manifests or orders required
- Previous experience in a warehouse, stockroom or receiving role a plus
- Able to lift up to 50lbs frequently and spend the majority of your workday on your feet predominately in an outdoor environment
- Ability to work a 5 10s schedule (Monday-Friday) from 6:00am to 4:30pm
- Experience with basic Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel) a plus
And can handle these responsibilities...
- Unloading vendor trucks, verifying receipts, and inspecting material quality
- Distributing materials to proper warehouse locations in a First-in-First-out (FIFO) method
- Removing all dunnage and excess packaging from incoming material
- Examining contents and comparing with records to verify accuracy of incoming shipments
- Building custom wood shipping pallets and crates for finished goods
- Kitting materials for distribution to the shop and other manufacturing facilities.
- Kitting finished goods to ship to customers.
- Delivering part kits to and from work areas.
- Operating a forklift as needed.
- Performing cycle counts for inventory group.
- Ensuring inventory and work in process materials are organized in facility and storage yard
You will receive...
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
BHS participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.