Service Operations Specialist
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a California based Service Operations Specialist to join the team.
In this role, you will provide customer facing coordination and technical support for the Service department. You will coordinate and oversee the completion of Service based projects. You will triage customer concerns and technical support issues with the appropriate BHS department/inner company area as needed for all systems components, including computer, electro-mechanical components, mechanical, and pneumatic systems. You will have shared responsibility for service and warranty support, customer training, site inspections, and customer expedited service. You will work alongside the Service Coordinator to schedule and execute the service support programs for both domestic and international customers. You will also function as a direct liaison between local subcontractors, BHS entities and customer end users.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- Ability to travel extensively both domestic and international – up to 90% travel required at times depending on business needs
- Completion of a formal technical program and/or 3+ years’ experience involving the following areas: working in a manufacturing environment; problem solving / troubleshooting mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems
- Experience with direct customer relations/account management required
- Experience working with preventative maintenance and other Service support programs required
- Exceptional customer relations and interpersonal relations skills including a high degree of diplomacy. Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences. High attention to detail and follow up required
- Demonstrated experience and comfortability using computer software (i.e., MS Office, Procore, Salesforce, PM software) required
- Ability to read prints, schematics and other technical instructions required
- Previous experience trouble shooting automation equipment preferred
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Must be flexible with ability to work hours necessary to complete the responsibilities of the job. Hours are governed by demands derived from responsibilities and include frequent overtime including periodic work on the weekends
- Previous experience managing subcontractor activities at a site a plus
And are excited about these responsibilities...
- Serving as the primary point of contact for assigned BHS customers from post Project to Service handoff completion
- Visiting customer sites to inspect, review, and analyze installed equipment and systems to identify opportunities for repairs/upgrades or optimization
- Building recommendation list of available BHS services to present to customers including gathering quote details from Service Coordinator and Part Sales
- Conducting routine follow ups with internal staff in order to provide customers with accurate and timely information
- Directly overseeing the scheduling and coordination of Quarterly service, for both domestic and international customers, including working with third-party vendors
- Utilizing blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to assist with onsite services/modifications
- Monitoring project progress and quality of work of subcontractors, and take appropriate problem-solving measures when needed
- Providing product and system training to end users for all product lines and systems as needed
- Working with the Technical Support Engineers on active customer issues
- Providing feedback to R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing groups to improve product performance and serviceability
- Documenting all customer contact within appropriate systems
- Supporting the development and implementation of processes and/or operational policies, procedures, and standards
- Assisting with development and maintenance of technical documentation including operator’s manuals, service manuals and training materials
You will receive...
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
BHS participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.