Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a Commercial Manager to join the Eugene, OR team.
The Commercial Manager, reporting to the Director of North American Sales, holds a critical role in the BHS sales process. In this role, you will be highly visible and a key leader of the BHS commercial team. You will lead the inside sales team in supporting our regional sales managers and executives through the entire sales lifecycle. You will work with projects ranging in size from 2-5 million dollar retrofits to 50 million dollar new systems.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- 10+ years of relevant commercial management experience (sales operations/sales management, contract review, project management, proposal management, grant writing)
- Four-year business or technical degree. Long-term relevant experience in construction and/or engineering industry may substitute for educational requirement
- Ability to understand the terminology and technical documents associated with complex, highly technical, large CAPEX projects
- Demonstrated strong writing, proofreading, and editing capability; experience with technical writing in an engineering environment preferred. Contract review/analysis experience in a technical environment a plus
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred) and ERP systems
- Self-sufficient with basic MS Office applications required, MS Project experience a plus
- Comfortability working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities and projects under tight deadlines, including a willingness to be flexible with work hours at times if necessary to complete the responsibilities of the job
- Ability to focus people, deal effectively but calmly with others, and explain proposal concepts to help team members understand their responsibilities
And are excited about these responsibilities...
- Analyzing requirements and assigning tasks to respond to large/complex municipal and private Requests for Proposals. Effectively communicating the requirements and customer expectations for any opportunity to the inside resources involved
- Assisting outside sales team in the management of client relationships
- Working with the Director of North American Sales to manage resources and prioritize tasks related to sales pipeline and deliverables
- Providing advice and guidance to senior management on the risks, pricing, and competitive situation for individual sales proposals
- Applying creativity and practical business knowledge while collaborating with sales and marketing resources to create compelling responses to inquiries and requests for bids
- Tracking the progress and activities of the inside sales resources including engineering to ensure timely responses to customer/sales inquiries and requests for quote
- Providing leadership, oversight and mentoring to the inside sales team including the Proposal Manager, Sales Coordinators and estimating team
- Developing, refining, and training on processes designed to streamline the sales functions, ensure timely responses, and effectively communicate needs and status of projects
- Providing oversight and quality assurance on all proposal submission ensuring proper compliance, grammar, logic, and readability. Organizing and facilitating effective proposal reviews including managing distribution of draft materials, leading review meetings and coordinating the draft recovery process with authors
- Working with the leadership team to establish interview preparation plans and schedules, including facilitating preparation and practice meetings, coach speakers through presentation and Q&A practice, etc.
- Monitoring local and federal regulations to identify areas of business growth
You will receive...
- A positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits program including but not limited to Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Currently, we do not offer VISA sponsorship or transfers at this time, unless specifically noted in the posting.
BHS participates in the E-Verify program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics.