Field Service Technician
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a remote Field Service Technician to join the team.
In this role you will deliver pre-and-post project service support to customers worldwide while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction in the industry. Functioning as part of a team, you will have shared responsibility as part of the Service team for service and warranty support, customer training, site inspections and parts solutions for BHS project installations.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- Associate degree or Trade Certification in a mechanical or electrical field
- 1-2 years’ combined experience in the following areas: working in a mechanical / manufacturing environment; welding and fabrications; problem solving / troubleshooting mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and detailed repair drawings for construction equipment and machinery
- Demonstrated ability to perform root-cause analysis
- Proficiency with MS Office Desktop, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
- Procore software experience is a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Familiarity with mechanical controls and reading electrical schematics
- Prior welding experience preferred, welding certification a plus
- Ability to operate heavy lifting equipment
- Highly detailed oriented
- Upbeat, positive, high energy with a “can do” attitude; react well under pressure
- Highest level of reliability and dependability
And would be interested in these responsibilities...
- 70-80% mechanical technical support in the field, including installation and repair of bearings, chains, sprockets, installing and removal of electrical motors, troubleshooting mechanical and pneumatic faults
- Traveling extensively (up to 80% of time) to customer sites to meet project-based needs, occasionally on short notice
- Performing electrical tasks including reading schematics and voltage references to source and troubleshoot electrical faults of heavy equipment
- Dismantling equipment when required for repair or maintenance
- Aligning and calibrating machinery and equipment parts as required for efficient and safe operation.
- Operating heavy lifting equipment such forklifts, gradeall, boom trucks, etc.
- Welding, grinding, and finishing equipment parts both on-site and in controlled circumstances
- Documenting all customer contacts and writing service and inspection reports as needed. Recording any issues from installs and service visits
- Utilizing Procore and other software to manage project punch lists and other service activities
- Assisting in the start-up, inspection, installation, and testing of new equipment
- Instructing personnel at customer sites on the safety, proper operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment to improve efficiency of customer productivity
- Capturing and providing feedback to Research and Development, Engineering and Manufacturing groups to improve product performance and serviceability
We will give you...
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.