Fabricator - Level I, II, and III
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a Fabricator to join the team at our Eugene, Oregon location.
How are BHS Fabricators different from other Fabricators?
At BHS, this is not a job shop nor is it a production welding position. Unlike other companies or industries, BHS Fabricators are responsible for working within a team to fabricate whole components and machinery using blueprints and are tasked with problem solving the best approach with a great deal of variety in tasks. Additionally, BHS Fabricators engage in skill-based progression with growth opportunities from Level I through III.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- Typically, the years of fabrication/welding experience requirement is as follows:
- 0-2 years or demonstrated entry level experience for Fabricator I
- 2-5 years for Fabricator II
- Minimum 5 years of experience for Fabricator III
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Certification or degree in welding and/or fabrication a plus for Level I or II, preferred for Level III
- Must have knowledge of MIG welding
- Knowledge of physical properties and welding characteristics of a variety of metals required
- Ability to read and interpret assembly blueprints required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to work most of the day on your feet
- Consistent and reliable attendance and strong work ethic essential
- Ability to work a schedule of 5 x 10 (Monday through Friday) with occasional work on Saturday depending on business needs.
And can handle these responsibilities...
- Participating in the BHS Manufacturing Training Program (OMEP)
- Positioning, aligning, fitting, and welding parts to form complete product in assigned area, following blueprints and layout specifications.
- Studying blueprints and Bill of Materials (BOM) to determine material requirements and task sequences.
- Verifying conformance of materials to specifications using squares, rulers and measuring tapes.
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, locate and mark workpiece bending and cutting lines allowing for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage and other part specifications
- Moving workpieces into position manually with overhead cranes
- Cleaning and preparing surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there are no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, grinding, or bolting parts to obtain required configurations to weld parts in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Monitoring the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material. Examining completed work pieces for defects to ensure conformance with specifications
- Maintaining welding and related equipment
- Completing other duties as assigned
We will give you...
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.