National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide. NRT also has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the team.
In this role, you will work alongside the Controller and the Finance team to enhance the existing accounting function and to help make it a collaborative and efficient operation. You will participate on a team that serves to provide timely, accurate, and insightful information to stakeholders within the BHS, Company’s parent entity, and NRT communities. You will be an integral part of various multi-functional teams working on continuous process improvements, engage in specific problem-solving opportunities as well as fulfill the traditional accountant role. This position is the perfect opportunity for an energetic, motivated individual that wants to understand the business as well as the numbers.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities…
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus
- 1+ year experience working in manufacturing, construction, or other job-costing industry, preferred
- Experience with ERP systems, generating and analyzing financial statements, reconciling balance sheet accounts, preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Hands on approach with a high degree of personal initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
And can handle these responsibilities…
- Preparing month end journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Assisting with Accounts Payable processing, payroll journal entry creation and maintaining inventory costing and reconciliation
- Maintaining intercompany account reconciliations
- Playing an integral role in Inventory management including the annual physical inventory prep and count, and managing and improving a cycle count process working with the Shipping and Receiving Clerk within the Production department
- Assisting Controller in the preparation and maintenance of the Company budget and financial planning process
- Evaluating financial information, prepares financial reports
- Maintaining records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial activities
- Assisting with analysis of trends, costs, and revenues, as necessary
- Assisting with year end and bank audits
- Establishing and maintaining accounting records for fixed asset management
- Creating and maintaining new reports to satisfy management needs
- Working with other accountants to be able to provide back up as needed (e.g., monthly cost reports, multi-state sales tax filings, inventory control, ERP maintenance)
- All other duties as assigned necessary for the beneficial operations of the Company
We will give you…
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be a leader in a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.nrtsorters.com) to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link under the “About Us” tab to apply. This will route you to our parent company, Bulk Handling Systems, and the application process.
National Recovery Technologies values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.