Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a remote Project Manager.
In this role, you will guide large and complex BHS mechanical equipment projects from inception to production. You will plan, direct, and coordinate the completion of mechanical equipment projects by subcontractors, while overseeing the organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation for assigned projects. You are also involved with system analysis, some equipment evaluation, and understanding overall operations as well as individual components of the system. Additionally, you will provide training for operations of the system and will be responsible for full commissioning of the equipment after installation.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- Ten (10) years’ experience in project or construction management OR a bachelor’s degree in a technical field plus 6 years’ experience in project management required
- Technical background experience, particularly engineering-based, preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Capable of traveling both domestically and internationally to waste and recycling plants that can be noisy, dirty, and odiferous
- Experience with Procore or similar PM software preferred
- Strong attention to project deadlines and budgetary constraints
- Ability to work effectively with all levels across the company and at customer sites
- Demonstrated aptitude with successful commissioning of demanding projects
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to influence others and communicate across all levels of the organization
- Work with project group to strengthen team members skill set and capabilities through continuous learning
- Have a strong grasp of business acumen, understanding the business need for projects and the ability to challenge senior stakeholders on critical success factors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to present in front of internal and external customers
- PMP certification a plus
And would like these responsibilities...
- Traveling extensively (typically around 80%) both domestically and internationally
- Leading projects from individual equipment through full turnkey installation and commissioning
- Identifying project requirements including schedule, scopes, budgets estimations and implementation plans
- Coordinating with internal and external resources, overseeing subcontracted trades and integrated suppliers both onsite and in the scheduling phase
- Analyzing project progress, adapting scope, project timeline and manpower to ensure project requirements are completed
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide day-to-day project status and potential scheduling changes
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external resources including vendors (third party) and subcontracted trade disciplines
- Preparing project status reports and working to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications and submitting reports to upper management for further analysis
- Conducting and/or coordinating customer training
- Determining and recommending which products or services best fit the customer’s needs with the service department
We will give you...
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.