National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Programmer to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for building new applications to meet extraction requirements, troubleshooting, and upgrading existing systems for optical and robotic sorting equipment. You will be writing applications and system programs using C++ for Linux. You will work collaboratively as part of a team of software engineers.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, with 3-5 years’ professional experience in system programming or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in C++, object-oriented design (OOD) and multi-thread design
- Experience in device-level programming C++, QNX or Linux/Unix device drivers
- Additional experience with the following:
- Writing system applications with Python
- Hardware interface design and development
- GIT and SVN
- OpenCV a plus
- Docker a plus
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Courage to take ownership for finding resolutions for issues and challenges
And can handle these responsibilities...
- Writing real-time device-level code that captures data from sensors and executes sortation algorithms
- Studying feature extraction requirements of the application to determine how to best organize the code
- Designing, debugging, documenting, and demonstrating highly refined C++ code written for Real-time Linux, including test and deploy plans
- Troubleshooting and upgrading existing systems with assistance from R&D and production technicians
- Using source version-control systems and managing release configurations
- Executing software installation and supervising final release tests when new software is released to production
- Communicating with other software engineers to understand and contribute to other ongoing projects
We will give you...
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be a leader in a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.nrtsorters.com) to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link under the About tab to apply. This will route you to our parent company, Bulk Handling Systems, and the application process.
National Recovery Technologies values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.