Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS has an exciting opportunity for a Programmer Analyst at our headquarters in Eugene, Oregon.
In this role you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise-wide applications with a primary focus on ERP and SQL database applications utilizing SQL, C#, VB, .Net, and other scripting languages. You will also document and maintain procedures and work instructions for business applications and will assist with the implementation of new software.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent certifications, ITIL certification a plus
- 3-5 years of experience performing equivalent duties, with manufacturing or construction industry experience preferred
- Experience with SyteLine ERP preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS SQL Server and Microsoft Suite of reporting tools
- Strong experience with SQL Database, SQL Studio, SQL Query Analyzer
- Additional development skills using .Net and Visual Basic
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
- Knowledge of business system applications, processes, and process improvement
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, and validating systems for quality assurance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, passion for debugging and issue resolution
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask among projects while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively with others in a professional manner striving to maintain constructive working relationships
- Comfortable working independently with limited direct supervision
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Maintaining an understanding of BHS’ business applications, data relationships, and systems interfaces to determine requirements, and developing and supporting stored procedures, reports, and application interfaces using SQL and other tools
- Leading the implementation of system interoperability, data exchange, and process integration/workflow solutions using middleware and business process automation tools
- Managing system users by creating, editing, and assigning appropriate security levels to ensure protection of proprietary business information
- Leading the development of projects to meet business requirements by analyzing business needs, testing, debugging and documenting programs and systems
- Utilizing SQL Server, VB, .Net, C#, and other languages to develop customizations, reports, and integrations with other systems
- Using MS Teams to communicate and participate in group meetings
- Accurately assessing the needs of end users and building automated and ad-hoc reports based on those needs
- Managing, installing, configuring, and upgrading BHS’ SQL database servers.
- Monitoring system health to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Providing primary support during business hours and secondary support as needed during off-hours
- Developing and updating detailed technical product documentation
- Collaborating with end users to analyze specific department needs or concerns around ERP application
- Participating in special and continuous improvement projects needing high level IT expertise
- Willingness to attempt new assignments or fill in for others as needed
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.