Process and Application Engineer II
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS has an exciting opportunity for a Process and Application Engineer II.
In this role you will provide process design engineering and equipment applications support on projects starting in the initial sales engineering process through system commissioning. You will support and interact with multiple departments including Sales, Sales Engineering, Project Engineering, Project Management and Field Service. You will be tasked with taking market specific requirements and determining the most cost-effective process to meet the market need, while collaborating with project engineers to determine the appropriate equipment specification.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Process, or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in an equipment design and manufacturing business with performance evaluation requirements in an engineering capacity
- Prior experience with collecting, quantifying, and interpreting field data as well as developing and implementing field testing plans required
- Experience with 3D solid modeling and software such as SolidWorks or Inventor a plus
- Comfortability with work in processing facilities including heights, climbing ladders, and using narrow walkways
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
This is an office-centric position located in Eugene, Oregon
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Developing process flow diagrams for systems and reviewing proposed processes for feasibility and function
- Developing complete System Mass Balance calculations to support equipment sizing assumptions, material recovery guarantees and overall system performance
- Researching and analyzing data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to evaluate feasibility and/or cost requirements of new technologies, designs, or applications
- Communicating new equipment applications throughout new and existing project life cycle to support commissioning and performance evaluations
- Specifying equipment for applications and working with vendors and BHS Supply Chain on the purchase of vendor supplied equipment
- Traveling up to 30% of the time to customer job sites to perform equipment evaluations
- Identifying metrics to accurately quantify component and system performance, and communicating these metrics to sales and application engineering departments
- Communicating with Project Management regarding design intent and system performance in relation to customer concerns
- Providing guidance to members of Sales Engineering and Project Engineering Department as needed
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.JoinBHS.com) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.