Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
The Material Handler supports the Materials Department in the coordination, receipt and distribution of incoming materials to meet daily production and shipping needs. In this position, you will receive, unpack, verify, and record incoming materials. You will perform additional duties include kitting and arrange materials for transportation within facility and to BHS customers.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of recent forklift experience required
- Ability to read and understand incoming receipts, invoices, manifests or orders required
- Previous experience in a warehouse, stockroom or receiving role a plus
- Able to lift up to 50lbs frequently and spend the majority of your workday on your feet predominately in an outdoor environment
- Ability to work a 5 10s schedule (Monday-Friday) from 6:00am to 4:30pm
- Experience with basic Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel) a plus
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Unloading vendor trucks, verifying receipts, and inspecting material quality
- Distributing materials to proper warehouse locations in a First-in-First-out (FIFO) method
- Removing all dunnage and excess packaging from incoming material
- Examining contents and comparing with records to verify accuracy of incoming shipments
- Building custom wood shipping pallets and crates for finished goods
- Kitting materials for distribution to the shop and other manufacturing facilities.
- Kitting finished goods to ship to customers.
- Delivering part kits to and from work areas.
- Operating a forklift as needed.
- Performing cycle counts for inventory group.
- Ensuring inventory and work in process materials are organized in facility and storage yard.
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled