Product Development Engineer
National Recovery Technologies (NRT) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT’s innovative products are creating a massive demand in the marketplace. Consumer and corporate mandates to increase recycling, reduce carbon footprint, and increase sustainability, coupled with a worsening labor shortage – these forces are the tailwinds behind NRT’s ambitious growth plans. As a result, we are looking for a Product Development Engineer to join the team.
The Product Development Engineer reports to the Director of Product Development. In this position, you will work as part of a team in order to transform design concepts into manufacturable products. You will create design layouts, production drawings, concept development and product improvement for cost reduction and manufacturability. You will be responsible for the development of original designs as well as adaptation of existing designs.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical and/or engineering related field required, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience in fabrication and 3D solid modeling required, Inventor experience a plus
- Experience with structural, fluid, pneumatic or electrical system design a plus
- Knowledge of UL/NEC/NFPA standards and guidelines a plus
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Preparing layouts and detail drawings which include multiple views and application of mathematics and physics to compute weights, load capacities, dimensions, material quantities and making other related decisions as required
- Researching, designing, and evaluating products, systems and processes using engineering principles. Developing structural designs while considering relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Specifying system components or direct modification of system to ensure conformance with engineering design
- Working as part of a team to resolve system issues and providing technical information. Recommending design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions. Conducting research that tests or analyzes the design, operation, or performance of equipment. Writing performance requirements for systems
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to goals of the system
- Accumulating information and preparing reports, spreadsheets, and related items for product/process costing, materials usage, and Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Actively communicating with downstream customers on specification work, such as purchasing, manufacturing and others to ensure understanding of expectations as defined by engineering specifications
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings and schematics
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be a leader in a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.nrtsorters.com) to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link under the “About Us” tab to apply. This will route you to our parent company, Bulk Handling Systems, and the application process.
National Recovery Technologies values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.