Senior Project Manager
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS has an exciting opening for a full remote optional Senior Project Manager.
In this role, you will guide large and complex BHS mechanical equipment projects from inception to production. You will plan, direct, and coordinate the completion of mechanical equipment projects by subcontractors, while overseeing the organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation for assigned projects. You are also involved with system analysis, some equipment evaluation, and understanding overall operations as well as individual components of the system. Additionally, you will provide training for operations of the system and will be responsible for full commissioning of the equipment after installation. You will also mentor junior-level Project Managers and performing Director level functions as needed.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in project or construction management OR a bachelor’s degree in a technical field plus 6 years’ experience in project management required
- Technical background experience, particularly engineering-based, preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Capable of traveling both domestically and internationally to waste and recycling plants that can be noisy, dirty, and malodorous
- Experience with Procore or similar PM software
- Ability to work effectively with all levels across the company and at customer sites
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Solid grasp of continuous improvement principles and experience in successfully applying and advancing these principles
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to influence others and communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the highest level of reliability and dependability
- Have a strong grasp of business acumen, understanding the business need for projects and the ability to challenge senior stakeholders on critical success factors
- Can serve as a role model for integrity
- Possess a positive attitude with a “can do” mentality; react well under pressure
And would like these responsibilities . . .
- Traveling extensively (up to 80%) both domestically and internationally
- Overseeing all aspects of higher-level complexity projects, by setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and accountabilities, while monitoring and summarizing project progress
- Working closely with customers, project engineers, vendors and contractors concerning project cost, staffing and scheduling
- Preparing project status reports and working to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications and submitting reports to upper management for review
- Turning around any size troubled project
- Conducting and/or coordinating customer training, job site visits and project commissioning
- Determining and recommending which products or services best fit the customer’s needs with the service department
- Engaging in continuous improvement efforts
- Mentoring and providing training for BHS Project Managers, including review of work, and providing performance feedback to the Director
- Assisting the Director with the interview and selection process for Project Management hires
- Completing additional Director level work as needed
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled