Sales Engineer I
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a Sales Engineer I to join the team.
In this role you will design system layouts, drawings, and conceptual production plans utilizing knowledge of mechanical design and material handling to competitively position the Company in a selling opportunity. You will provide sales support utilizing 3D modeling and customer opportunity analysis to finalize needs assessments and meet quality standards for service.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- An associate degree required, bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, or related technical experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial system or mechanical product design
- Ability to learn intuitive understanding of material and equipment dynamics
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling required. Autodesk Inventor, Pro-E or SolidWorks experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment
- Capable of flexing and adjusting to rapidly changing priorities and schedule requirements
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Preparing layouts and detail drawings which include multiple views and application of mathematics to compute weights, load capacities, dimensions, material quantities and make other related decisions as required
- Considering how the system should work and how changes in operational conditions will affect desired outcomes. Considering relative costs and benefits of potential designs and recommending the most appropriate design
- With customer needs in mind, assessing equipment needs to determine system requirements and planning product configurations with mindful considerations to cost and equipment application
- Reviewing and developing systems according to Requests for Proposal (RFP) responses and industry-specific solutions
- Actively supporting outside sales team, in the field or by webinar, by preparing and delivering technical material to support the discussions
- Attending company training seminars to become familiar with product lines and design standards to incorporate in sales layouts
- Actively learning the technical and commercial aspects of the business
- Traveling to customer locations as necessary
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled