Mechanical Design Engineer
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
In this role you will prepare working drawings of recycling equipment, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other design information. Your primary responsibility will be assembling equipment, screens, and structures in accordance with established standards. You will coordinate with other engineers and be an integral part of our design team. The team strives to provide timely, accurate, and efficient designs. Your initiative, knowledge, experience, and communication skills will allow you to identify improvement opportunities and take actions to develop and implement solutions.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with demonstrated experience working and designing with 3D modeling software required
- Demonstrated experience in machine design and/or fabrication is a plus
- Experience working with AutoDesk Inventor a plus
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- In depth knowledge of industrial equipment design and safety regulations is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, including the ability to communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Creating detailed design drawings and specifications for recycling equipment using 3D modeling software. This includes laying out, correctly dimensioning, and drawing schematic, orthographic, or auxiliary views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Coordinating with team members to design, lay out or detail components and systems to resolve design or other problems. Modifying and revising designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Computing mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components using 3D modeling software and other standard design tools.
- Reviewing equipment design requirements and producing equipment drawings based on standard component designs and good Engineering principals.
- Creating assembly drawings with the necessary details, instructions, and comments.
- Verifying structural integrity of designs based on material selection
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled