Process and Application Engineer
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS has an exciting opportunity for a Process and Application Engineer located at our headquarters in Eugene, Oregon.
In this role you will provide system and process support on projects from the initial sales engineering through installation and commissioning, and finally through performance testing. You will support and interact with multiple departments including Sales, Sales Engineering, Project Engineering, Project Management and Field Service. You will be tasked with taking market specific requirements and determining the most cost-effective process and equipment selection to meet the market need. You will also help with the development and implementation of equipment application standards.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred
- Two (2) years’ experience in a capital equipment and/or systems manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comfortable with heights, climbing ladders and using narrow walkways
- Demonstrated previous experience in 3D solid modeling such as SolidWorks or Inventor a plus
- Ability to design for manufacturability, costs and materials flow process understanding
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience with quantifying and interpreting field data as well as developing and implementing field testing plans
- Experience with welding and grinding a plus
This is an office-centric position located in Eugene, Oregon
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Researching and analyzing data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to evaluate feasibility, cost, and/or maintenance requirements of new technologies, designs or applications
- Providing technical assistance for new equipment applications throughout new project life cycle and at existing job sites
- Traveling up to 25% of the time to customer job sites to perform field testing plans
- Identifying metrics to accurately quantify component and system performance
- Resolving design related issues with other department team members
- Directing integration of vendor supplied products and approving design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Working with Project Management to resolve customer concerns and providing information to outside contractors
- Providing guidance to members of Sales Engineering and Project Engineering Department as needed
- Helping to develop Process Flow Diagrams for systems and reviewing proposed processes for feasibility and function
- Performing initial System Mass Balance and helping to validate equipment sizing assumptions
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled