Customer Service Technician - CA Based
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT’s innovative products are creating a massive demand in the marketplace. Consumer and corporate mandates to increase recycling, reduce carbon footprint, and increase sustainability, coupled with a worsening labor shortage – these forces are the tailwinds behind NRT’s ambitious growth plans. As a result, we are looking for a California Bay Area based Customer Service Technician.
The Customer Service Technician delivers superior and timely pre-and-post sales support to customers worldwide while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction in the industry. You will provide technical support for all system components including computer, robotic, electro-mechanical components, mechanical, and pneumatic systems. Additionally, you will have shared responsibility for service and warranty support, customer training, site inspections, customer expedited service and parts solutions for project installations.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Minimum of an associate degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical role or field service role involving electrical and mechanical systems (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP network infrastructure, routing, and general Ethernet topology
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Previous experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting automation equipment a plus
- Experience with robotics, specifically ABB, a strong plus
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal relations skills including a high degree of diplomacy
- Command of English required, Spanish speaking preferred
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis, requiring high attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Upbeat, positive, high energy with a “can do” attitude; reacts well under pressure
- Highest level of reliability and dependability
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Traveling 80% of the time domestic and international, both by air and car
- Troubleshooting and performing repairs and modifications on the mechanical, electrical, or software aspects of equipment at customer sites
- Remotely monitoring NRT systems to ensure optimal product operations at customer sites through onsite and remote HMI interfaces
- Providing support for both pre- and post-sales service work for equipment and systems pertaining to customers. Interfacing with customers on-site to deliver product and service training
- Documenting all customer contact. Writing reports as needed and recording any issues from installs and service visits. Closing all issues within area of expertise and follows up on others, ensuing they have been assigned
- Assisting in the start-up, checkout, installation, and testing of new equipment
- Instructing personnel at customer sites on the safety, proper operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment to improve efficiency and customer productivity
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of technical documentation including operator’s manuals, service manuals and training materials
- Capturing and providing feedback to R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing groups to improve product performance and serviceability
- Providing after-hours and on-call support as needed
- Completing other duties as assigned
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be a leader in a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.nrtsorters.com) to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the "About" tab and then on the Careers link to apply. This will route you to our parent company, Bulk Handling Systems, and the application process.
NRT values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled