Project Engineer - Entry Level
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for an Entry Level Project Engineer to join the team.
In this role you will be assisting the Project Engineering team with system design and equipment integration, including preparing working diagrams of recycling systems and equipment, approval drawings, general arrangement drawings and installation instructions.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Experience in a capital equipment and/or systems manufacturing environment as a product designer preferred
- Experience in 3D solid modeling software required, Autodesk Inventor experience preferred
- Familiarity with or prior experience using 2D AutoCAD a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to design for manufacturability, costs and materials flow process understanding
- Familiarity with project management software a plus
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Creating 3D system layouts and equipment models
- Reviewing equipment in system models to ensure correct fit and location
- Modeling existing customer equipment based on scanner point cloud, pictures, or field measurements
- Creating equipment process flow drawings and other relevant engineering diagrams using AutoCAD
- Assembling engineered horsepower lists from mechanical calculations, standard products, and vendors
- Producing production engineering packets for release to procurement
- Locating and placing reference models of support members, chutes, hoppers, etc. into 3D system models
- Organizing drawings into PDFs and uploading into project management software
- Assisting with organizing punch lists and status/updates, researching installation issues and related items
- Creating 3D models of customer buildings or buyout equipment based on vendor 2D drawings
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled