Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a Project Engineer to join the team.
In this role you will be engaged in system design and equipment integration for small projects and/or small retrofits. You will prepare working diagrams of recycling systems and equipment, including approval drawings, general arrangement drawings, installation instructions, and other design information.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Two (2) years’ experience in a capital equipment and/or systems manufacturing environment as a product designer or responsibilities for overall project work or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in 3D solid modeling software required, Autodesk Inventor preferred
- Ability to design for manufacturability, costs and materials flow process understanding
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable leading a group of individuals without having a direct reporting relationship
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Planning and formulating system design and equipment integration for small projects and/or small retrofits. Assigned projects typically have 10 or fewer pieces of equipment
- Ensuring system design adheres to project scope, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Prioritizing work and coordinating within the department regarding product design activities in accordance with schedule requirements
- Resolving design related issues with other department team members
- Directing integration of vendor supplied products and approving design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Acting as an assistant on larger, more complex systems
- Working with the Project Engineering Manager and Project Management team to resolve customer concerns and providing information to outside contractors
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled