Regional Sales Manager
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is looking for a Regional Sales Manager located in the Northeastern United States to join the Sales team.
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will own the customer base in your region and serve as the primary contact point for new and existing customers. In addition to developing and maintaining strong customer relationships with our existing base, you will be responsible for developing new customers and generating additional sales within the existing customer base. You will develop short- and long-range sales objectives and plan strategies for attainment within your specified geographic region. You will also ensure BHS products are sold in accordance with budgeted objectives to obtain target profitability and sales volumes. Additionally, you will continually evaluate the market opportunities for the BHS technologies. You will communicate product position to end users and identify issues proactively to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process and after system completion. Finally, you will perform as a primary conduit for competitive/market information to BHS’s product managers, research and development, parts and service, and operations groups.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales experience, preferably technical capital goods in a B2B market
- Waste/recycling industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with basic contract content and language
- Negotiation experience (contracts and pricing)
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Good command of MS Office, specifically in Excel, Visio competency a plus
- Excellent communication and strong advocate for process automation
- Proven ability to collaborate on diverse teams, across time zones, to drive results a must
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints a plus
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Persuasive and convincing
- Focused leadership
- Style flexible (ability to deal/communicate with people at all levels)
- Creates efficiencies
And would like these responsibilities . . .
- Contributing to the establishment of the annual commercial business plan and budget
- Achieving budgeted revenue targets within the assigned area
- Proactively developing new initiatives to achieve or exceed the targets
- Managing sales from lead generation to purchase order, monitoring progress through final customer acceptance
- Contributing to achieving the determined sales budget
- Traveling regularly, up to 70% of the time
- Identifying and participating in conferences and other relevant trade shows
- Organizing reference visits to existing customers with high potential leads/customer
- Generating new leads and closes deals
- Taking the initiative to exceed customer expectations
- Maintaining and expanding the network of BHS customers
- Following up on leads and quotes in a timely manner
- Processing and addressing customer questions and any complaints
- Continuously tracking opportunities and deal status in the CRM software
- Drawing up quotations in close cooperation with sales support and managing issued quotations
- Participating in the kick-off consultation when transferring a project from Sales to Operations
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled