Manual Machinist - Mill and Lathe
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS is currently looking for a Manual Machinist to join the team at the West 5th Avenue location.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating manual mill and/or lathe machines preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints required
- Must have knowledge of basic math principles and measurements
- Forklift experience a plus
- Welding experience a plus
- Ability to work a 5 10s schedule Monday-Friday, 6:00am – 4:30pm required
- Detail orientated
- Safety conscious around large machinery
- Mechanically inclined
- Desire to learn
- Flexibility with work assignments
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and Bill of Materials (BOM) to determine methods and sequences of operations to machine parts and determining part dimensions and tolerances.
- Adjusting machine controls and changing tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specific tolerances.
- Moving controls to set cutting speeds, depths and feed rates. Positioning tools in relation to work pieces. Monitoring the feed and speed of machine during the machining process.
- Cranking machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearances and tolerances.
- Using calipers, micrometers, measuring tape and other tools to measure parts.
- Manually measuring and examining completed parts to check for defects and ensuring conformance to specifications.
- Operating digital read out (DRO) on both lathe and mill machines.
- Lifting metal work pieces manually or using overhead cranes.
- Observing and listening to machine to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Operating a forklift as needed.
- Performing MIG welding as needed.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled