National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT’s innovative products are creating a massive demand in the marketplace. Consumer and corporate mandates to increase recycling, reduce carbon footprint, and increase sustainability, coupled with a worsening labor shortage – these forces are the tailwinds behind NRT’s ambitious growth plans. As a result, we are looking for a Manufacturing/Assembly Technician.
The Manufacturing/Assembly Technician is responsible for assembling and manufacturing Original Equipment sold into the waste recycling industry. You will primarily use your hands, as well as hand and power tools, for mechanical assembly methods, wiring and electrical component installation, pneumatic components, as well as systems testing and factory acceptance testing. You will also perform soldering and minor circuit board assembly. You will also complete assigned work using measuring equipment such as tape measure, scale, hands-on training, schematics, drawings, SOPs, and verbal instructions.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Related training or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in mechanical or manufacturing assembly and sub-assembly of components that range from simple to complex
- Experience working electro-mechanical assembly and sub-assembly a plus
- Basic print reading and basic math skills
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools, measuring tools, volt meters, etc.
- Experience operating other equipment including band saw, drill press, and forklift
- Experience utilizing computers and other electronic devices such as cameras
- Assertive, self-starter and able to work as an individual and in a group.
- Willingness to learn
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Assembling various elements of optical sorting equipment according to work-ticket, CAD drawings, pictograms, verbal, and written directions, from sub-assemblies to whole machine
- Working with, building and constructing pneumatic valve component assemblies and ejection sub-assemblies
- Working with, building and constructing wire assemblies and wire routings. Installing wire harnesses and assemblies into wire ways or conduit. Terminating wires and wire assemblies
- Soldering and assembling basic components onto circuit boards
- Operating power tools such as hand saws, drills, drill press, band saw and air tools
- Utilizing manual hand tools such as screwdriver, pliers, wrenches and pipe wrenches, rivet pliers, soldering equipment, cutting devices, etc.
- Utilizing tape measures, rulers, squares, other basic measuring devices
- Utilizing volt meters and internal electronic test fixtures to diagnose and solve issues
- Performing testing of components and assemblies, as well as self-monitoring work to maintain quality standards
- Executing on instructions for completing tasks on time, in full, and to quality standards
- Ensuring workstation, tools and toolbox are clean and maintained
- Cleaning machines in preparation for shipment to customer location
- Completing other duties as assigned
We will give you . . .
- Competitive base pay and attractive commission plan
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be a leader in a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.nrtsorters.com) to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link to apply. This will route you to our parent company, Bulk Handling Systems, and the application process.
National Recovery Technologies values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.Apply for this Position