Project Development Manager
Zero Waste Energy (“ZWE”) is looking for a Project Development Manager to add to our growing team in the Southern California/Bay area. As a member of the Bulk Handling Systems (“BHS”) Family of Companies, ZWE provides a profitable solution for organic material from various material streams. ZWE transforms the organic fraction into electricity, compressed natural gas and high-quality compost through its patented dry anaerobic digestion (AD) and in-vessel composting process. These are the most cost effective and productive AD systems available.
Applicants should be passionate about sustainability and have the technical aptitude to manage project opportunities for the Company. Projects include those within the organics processing industry and general waste and recyclables industry with the parent company, BHS, and other affiliated companies. In this role, you will be responsible for driving innovative waste related projects including recycling, organics, and energy from waste, managing an internal team of engineers and associates, and coordinating with clients and subcontractors. Success in this position requires a dynamic individual with strong managerial and technical abilities focus on moving opportunities into executable projects.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in engineering/STEM); undergraduate GPA > 3.5
- 5 years relevant work experience with demonstrated history of project leadership
- Prior experience with engineering or demonstration of technical aptitude
- Demonstrated passion for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or sustainability
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- US work authorization
- Desire to travel, both domestic and international
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Project management, including client coordination and oversight of internal team members and third-party consultants, subcontractors, and utility providers
- Engineering management, including supervision of site audits, upgrade identification, data analysis, cost-savings calculations, and engineered drawing reviews
- Business development, including leading competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) response submissions and sales presentations
- Other miscellaneous tasks required to advance project initiatives to completion
- Traveling 20-30% of the time
We will give you . . .
- Competitive base pay and attractive commission plan
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be a leader in a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (https://zerowasteenergy.com) to learn more about Zero Waste Energy. To apply for this position, please visit the BHS website at www.BulkHandlingSystems.com and click on the Careers link to apply.
BHS and its subsidiaries values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position