Research and Development Engineer
National Recovery Technologies (“NRT”) located in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in designing, manufacturing, and installing optical sorting technology. Since our inception in 1981, our people have been industry thought-leaders and technology innovators, focused on quality of manufacturing and a strong commitment to customer service. An equipment manufacturing and engineering company, NRT provides cutting edge sorting solutions to the recycling industry. NRT is a world leader in waste and recycling sorting and automation technology deployed worldwide NRT has the world’s largest installed capacity in PET plastic reclamation plants.
NRT has an exciting opportunity for a Research and Development Engineer working at our Nashville, Tennessee location. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating corporate and market issues to determine commercially viable solutions using current and new technology. You will research, design and test mechanical, electromechanical, and software-based products and systems in both lab and field environments. You will also be involved in the operation, application, installation, and repair of R&D technologies independently and as part of a team.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience researching new designs or applications of mechanical or electromechanical equipment
- Previous experience with 3D modeling software; Inventor experience a plus
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as patent applications, technical bulletins and equipment specifications
And can handle these responsibilities . . .
- Researching and analyzing data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to evaluate feasibility, cost, and/or maintenance requirements of new technologies, design, or application
- Defining scope, integration standards, and key deliverables of assigned equipment and coordinating operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of equipment
- Providing technical assistance for new technology applications throughout new project life cycle and at existing job sites
- Conducting material analysis to identify the most appropriate ways to handle, sort and process material streams
- Identifying metrics to accurately quantify component and system performance
- Evaluating installations and defining actions needed to improve or correct performance deficiencies relative to system goals
- Designing, building, and testing first articles for proof of concept
- Travelling moderately/as needed, (up to 25%) domestic and international
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
And so much more!
This is an exciting time to be a leader in a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (www.nrtsorters.com) to learn more about National Recovery Technologies. Please click the Careers Link to apply. This will route you to our parent company, Bulk Handling Systems, and the application process.
National Recovery Technologies values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.Apply for this Position