Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, we have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS has an exciting opening for a Senior Purchaser at our headquarters in Eugene, Oregon. In this role, you will work along with the Director of Supply Chain and purchasing team to enhance the existing department function and operations. You will be given an opportunity to collaborate and drive efforts of expanding and refining our global network of suppliers and products. Your approach, experience and enthusiasm will help move forward continuous improvement and efficiencies within the department.
If you have these qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities . . .
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent field with 5 years of experience in purchasing role in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience working within an ERP/MRP system.
- Ability to use analytics and data to make strategic decisions related to procurement and supply chain.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel (up to Pivot Tables)
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement and/or lean manufacturing concepts a plus.
- Excellent collaboration skills: ability to work cross-functionally with multiple departments.
- An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time and to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands on with a high degree of personal initiative. Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is an office-centric position located in Eugene, Oregon. A hybrid model is available based upon situation.
And would like these responsibilities . . .
- Strategic procurement
- Vendor accountability and management
- Locating and vetting new suppliers
- Project support
- Production support
- Forecasting and long-term planning
- Collaborating with vendors on special, urgent and unique projects
We will give you . . .
- Competitive Pay
- Dental, including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted learning and development opportunities
- Positive and friendly work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website (WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM) to apply and learn more.
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply for this Position